I hope you are all hanging in there in this last push of the school year. So little time to get all the work completed...
- I attended THICK SKIN the Digital Photography Gallery opening at SHS on last Tuesday evening. If you get a chance, you really should stop by and take a look. It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL and the student work is impressive. I even purchased a piece for my home! The Opening Event was a celebration of our students and our community; this project was funded by the Class of 1965 and SEF. A big shout out and "thank you" to Joe Douillette and Anita Balliro!
- GREAT News from Athletic Director, Kelly Farley: Dentists, Dr. Greg Feider and Dr. Ronald Plotka of Northshore Center for Family, Cosmetic, and Laser Dentistry are providing EVERY athlete at Swampscott High School with a custom mouth guard FREE of charge!
- Yesterday and today, the Youth Risk Behavior Surveys were given to 6-11 graders. The Mental Health Task Force is looking forward to analyzing the results during the summer and presenting them to staff and families in the fall.
- The high school graduation ceremony on June 5th was quite a celebration for our students. A huge THANK YOU to Frank, Lytania, and the entire high school team who made the indoor ceremony a special day for our kids. Have you found the three other sofa legs, Mr. Franklin?
- Finally, I was honored to received the Dr. Marilyn E. Flaherty Distinguished Alumna Award from the Salem State University Alumni Association at a Jazz Bruncheon on June 5th. It was a little nerve wracking receiving the award at 12:40pm and trying to make my way to the high school for a 1:00pm Commencement start, but I made it just in the nick of time.
Enjoy these last several days with your students and celebrate another successful year!
Follow us on Twitter @sps01907